Information we collect
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you use our Virtual Try On technologies and services or communicate with us. We also automatically collect information about you in connection with your usage of our services through cookies, web analytics and other tracking and analytical technologies.
Birthdate and Gender:
We may collect this information in connection with our technologies and services.
Cookies and other technologies:
Cookies and other technologies permit authenticating you, uniquely identifying each user session when you access our Virtual Try On services, and compiling aggregated and anonymized statistics to analyze how our services are used and our web site functions. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to disable cookies on your browser but doing so may prevent you from using the full features of the services or may cause the services not to function effectively.
Information provided by third parties or service providers
Third parties such as our business partners, or our service providers may provide us with information about you. This may include information concerning your device and session when you access our services provided from the salon website or mobile application. We do not, however, receive, collect or store your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information that you may provide to other service providers.
When and How We Disclose Information to Third Parties
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may now or in the future contract with other companies to provide certain services to us, such as technology service and web hosting providers, and we may need to give them access to your information in order for them to perform services for us. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any rights to use the information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us and provide services to us.
In addition, we may at times share aggregated and anonymized statistics concerning our services with our partners and service providers. We will not disclose statistics in a manner that would allow a third party to identify you individually without your express consent.
If we or our assets were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy. We may also share your information with any of our corporate affiliates, but they will be subject to the same obligations set out in this policy.
We also reserve the right to access, store, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to
(i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request,
(ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
(iii) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We retain your face scans for a maximum of three years following collection. We will permanently destroy your face scans no later than the end of the three year period.
We retain your device, session and other technical/usage information:
(i) for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you with access to our services;
(ii) as necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed;
(iii) as necessary to maintain the security of our services; and
(iv) as otherwise required by applicable law, rule or regulation.
We retain some of your information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that it could be used to identify you.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties
Security of your information
We have in place reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect your information. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We do not guarantee or warrant that the techniques we employ will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store.
United States Hosting
Our web based services may be hosted and operated in the United States through us and our service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using our services, you acknowledge that any information about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to us in the U.S. and may be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize us to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries.
By using our services, you hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. solely for the purposes set forth herein.
Browser do not track
Our service does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. Notice of Collection of Personal Information and Privacy
Notice under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
For purposes of this CCPA Notice, we refer to personal information according to the following definition given in the CCPA: “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that is de-identified or aggregate consumer information, or information or rights that are outside the scope of the CCPA. Depending on the individual circumstances, for example, certain information we collect in connection with Virtual Try On and Face Insights technologies and services may be outside the scope of the CCPA because it is your medical information or health information or does not identify you. You may direct any questions concerning your individual information to firstname.lastname@example.org
By accessing our website, using our services or submitting personal information to us, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of any personal information as set forth in this CCPA Notice, as it may be updated from time to time.
What categories of personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: this information may include IP address and birthdate.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: gender.
- Scans of your face and related measurements: this information is collected when you submit a picture of your face and use our technology.
- Internet and electronic history: technical information concerning your use of our Virtual Try On services, such as information from your visits to our website or applications, your device and your session.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have collected the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Protected Characteristics, Facial Scans and Internet History.
Who we share your personal information with
We do not sell your personal information.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have shared the following categories of personal information: Identifiers and with the following: service providers and third party businesses. Internet History Service providers , such as web hosting organizations, may have had access to your facial scans for purposes of providing services to us.
Your rights regarding your personal information
- You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and share. You may request (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and (v) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a portable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity.
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information under certain circumstances. For example, we may not be required to delete personal information if we need to retain the information to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, perform on a contract with us, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of these rights. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised your rights.
You may submit verifiable requests concerning any of your rights by contacting us by email@example.com. We will use reasonable methods for verifying that the person making a request to know, data portability or a request to delete is the individual about whom we have collected information. To the extent that you wish to use an authorized agent to make requests concerning the rights set forth above, you will need to provide us either with a power of attorney or, alternatively, with written authorization to communicate with your authorized agent.
We will (i) confirm receipt of requests to know, data portability or to delete within 10 days of the request; and (ii) generally respond to requests to know, data portability or to delete within 45 days of the request. If we need additional time to respond to your request beyond the 45 days, we will provide you with notice explaining the reasons we need more time, and we will then take up to an additional 45 days to respond to your request.
Access By Persons With Disabilities
Persons with disabilities who need assistance accessing this CCPA Notice may contact us as provided for above, and depending on your individual needs, the company will grant reasonable requests to furnish this policy in an alternative format.
California Shine the Light Law/Online Privacy Protection Act
For California Residents: California Civil Code §1798.83 provides that California residents may request certain information concerning the disclosure of information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Business Code §§22575 may review and request changes to any of your we have collected. Should you personally identifiable 22579, you information that wish to request this information or exercise these rights, please reach us at the contact information provided below.
Notice of Collection of Personal Data Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- the Data Subject has given consent to the pro including: cessing of his or her Personal Data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which ReStyle is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ReStyle or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject which require protection of personal data.
We will not use your Personal Data in connection with any automated decision making process or for any profiling purpose.
We may collect the following Personal Data: IP address, scans of your face and related measurements, and technical information concerning your use of our Virtual Try On services, such as information from your visits to our website or applications, and your device and session.
Do you have rights in your personal data?
You have the following rights in your Personal Data held by ReStyle:
- Access: right to access your Personal Data and request certain information concerning your Personal Data, such as an explanation of the purpose of the processing and disclosure of third parties with whom ReStyle shares the data;
- Rectification: right to rectify inaccuracies in your Personal Data or to ensure that it remains up to date. ReStyle is committed to ensuring that your information is accurate and kept up to date. Please inform us of any changes to your personal data;
- Erasure: right to erasure of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. For example, you may request erasure if the data is no longer needed in connection with the reasons it was collected or processed or if you withdraw your consent to further processing. ReStyle may deny your request where it is required or permitted by law to retain your Personal Data or when we need to retain your information in connection with the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Restriction: right to restrict processing where you contest the accuracy of the data in order to permit time to rectify the inaccuracies and in other circumstances;
- Data Portability: right to data portability by requesting a copy be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that ReStyle transmit your personal data to a third party where technically feasible;
- Objection: right to object to processing of your personal data where you contest that the processing is necessary for the purposes of ReStyle’s or its business partners’ legitimate interests. ReStyle may deny your request because it has compelling legitimate business interests or the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Complaint: right to bring a complaint before the applicable governmental privacy regulator.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org concerning your rights.
If you wish to make a formal request for information we hold us at email@example.com.
Information about Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to use the Site. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us with their information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change this policy at any time . by posting changes that affect the future.
What Choices Do I Have
If you wish to make a request concerning the information we hold about you whereby changes will take place, you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.